Top 10 Books of 2015

20:15

I read a total of 28 books in 2015! Not bad considering I went through a three month long reading slump during my GCSE's. I was still slightly disappointed though as I was hoping to reach at least 30 books. Despite this I read a lot of incredible books and these are my top ten.

10. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas

I am a huge fan of the Throne of Glass series so waited for this book with a great deal of anticipation. It did not disappoint. The characters seemed to have developed so much since the first book in the series, and I really enjoyed seeing their relationships progress. This book was fast-paced and political (which I loved) and somehow I fell even more in love with Dorian. Something I thought was impossible. 

9. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I was very excited to pick up this book after hearing only good things about it. This world Riggs created is incredible. The relationships between the children was lovely to read and each character felt so real that I was connected to them almost straight away. The photos on every few pages had worried me originally, as I feared they may distract me from the actual story. I was wrong. They only added to it and helped me visualize the strange powers these children have. I now eagerly await the film and am very excited to continue on with this trilogy!

8. Legend by Marie Lu

I had heard many good things about this book but was not expecting to love it as much as I did. The corrupt government trope is very common in YA literature yet this grabbed me and had me turning the pages at lightening speed. Each character was written beautifully and their development throughout this book was incredible. I couldn't review this without commenting on the plot twists as well: they were amazingly thought through and I had no clue whatsoever that they were coming.

7. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai


This book was absolutely fascinating to read. I could practically hear Malala's powerful voice in each page and I learnt so much I would otherwise have had no idea about from this book. I found it incredibly interesting to learn Malala's thoughts and opinions on the events that happened to her and the horrors taking place in many countries around the world right now. Everyone can find something about Malala that they admire. Whether it be her bravery, her strength, her speeches for equality and education, Malala should be a role model for us all.

6. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

I have actually already written a full review of this which you can read here if you're interested. In short, the characters were all wonderful; the premise was an original idea that I was intrigued to read about; and overall I enjoyed every moment of reading it.

5. More Than This by Patrick Ness

This book really secured Patrick Ness' position as my favourite author. His writing style is absolutely beautiful and I was fascinated to learn more about this story. I've only ever heard good things about this book and was entirely blown away by the fast-paced action, heartbreaking scenes of emotion and unexpected plot twists. Do not hesitate to pick this book up.


4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

I read this book in two sittings and I can't praise it enough. This was actually a reread in preparation for the film - which I am VERY excited for - so it only goes to show how groundbreaking it is that it should be included in my list. This book is filled with action and twists and turns. I could not put it down despite this being my second read of it. Yancey's writing style left me needing more and more answers to the many questions asked in this book. The 5th Wave is the definition of "page turner".

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

Well done Sarah J Maas for securing two books on my list of favourites! This is the first book in the Throne of Glass series and could not act as a better introduction. Sarah J Maas does an excellent job of introducing the characters and world. She creates a crystal clear image in your mind of what each setting looks and feels like. This is one of those books you just can't put down no matter how hard you try! I jumped from chapter to chapter and enjoyed every minute of it.

2. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson

This book can only be described as beautiful. It's powerful story, characters and themes blew me away, and I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. The relationship between the twins was wonderful to read and both of the main characters were amazingly developed by Jandy Nelson. I can't think of anything else to say apart from read it, read it, read it.

1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Finally for my favourite book of 2015 and of all time. When I picked it up I had no idea how much I would be affected by this book. Everything about it was perfect. The artwork, the writing style, the relationships, the characters, EVERYTHING. Words cannot describe how much I love this book and encourage everyone in the entire world to read it. No book has ever made me cry like this did, and I loved it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe